Douchebags!


"I have been eccentric. I have been called cute. (Yes, I have! Not by mom or grandma or my sister but pretty girls! But that was when I was two year old! Regardless of time, I am cute!) I have been called obnoxious. I have been called brave. I have been called awful. I have been called awesome. I have been called all of these terms in a same sentence. (That was once, from a drunken old man at a party! I get invited to a lot of parties.) What I am trying to say here is, I am no amateur at getting adjectives to my personality.

But, recently I was given a personality adjective that did not suit my character at all. I was called a douche bag. I was called that by someone who knew very little about me. What sort of person does that? So, I decided to change that person's opinion about me. To do that, I decided to tell that person about all the good things I did. It took about four hours and I didn't even mention about my chivalry with the opposite sex once! She was finally convinced. Thanks to my awesome oratory!"

Now, imagine that in bigger scale. I am not talking Twinkies big here but I am talking about the End of the World big! There are people who do this with every one they meet. I am talking especially about those people who think that they are social celebrities. They blabber on about their achievements. On and on and on! "I have done this, that, I have achieved this!" I mean it is one thing to be smug, but other thing to shove it up at the face of everyone. (We get it that you are the first African-American President Obama! No need to gloat!)

These people are the bane of social media too. Endless posts of fake glory are posted all over Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus (Google wishes!) I mean, what is the point. Do you want to show people how great you are? Well, here is an answer buddies! Greatness is measured by the analogy of the human mind and not by analogy of the accolades. If accolades meant everything, Da Vinci never got a Noel Prize.


Finally, this is not targeted to anyone. If the shoe fits, wear it!






No comments:

Post a Comment