The Stereotypes!


I am one of the stereotypes. The white guy, the brown dude, the nerd, the jock, the blonde, the Asian and so on, the list goes on.  Choose to put me on a category, if you already haven't. Now, I am that person, you will define my typecast attributes. My looks, my hair, my clothes, my style, my accent and all of my traits will be determined by the stereotype, instead of my actions. Ok my accent and my walk are actions but I am referring to different kind of action.

I am referring to all the things done by a person that count more than what define their "stereotypes". I mean, you should judge a person from his actions, not from impressions. Sometimes stereotypes fit perfectly (trust me I know), but most of the times, people are more than what they seem to be. Some people are so awesome; you cannot even determine the amount of awesomeness from the outer evaluation. Most of these times, these stereotypes fail to characterize the person. Yet, these stereotypes prevail in society.

The reason could be movies. But wait, movies only reflect what society is, movies can't be the source. The only possible explanation could be the government. Yes! It must be government propaganda to create stereotypes and puzzle people. That way, they will meddle themselves with petty things and will not question what goes around. But I cannot think that it is a valid reason because it means that government has such stupid plans. It can't be that stupid.


So, my crusade to uncover stereotype origin begins. I am unsure that it might be found but I am sure that I will make myself capable to make distinctions based on character and morality rather than stereotype. I wish that I could be objective about this issue, as much as possible because it will make my character and morality better. Maybe, I do not know the difference between all the good things and all the bad things right now, but this journey could make me skilled enough to do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment