The crowd!


It's true what they say about Nepalese.  They will clap and cheer to any demagogue. I got the first hand experience today. Now, I am not going to lie. It was nice to get cheered and called at by the crowd but it's the same crowd that could rip me to shreds if I trash talk about Harry Potter. (Harry Potter blows! There, I said it! Get over the, "I am the wizard. Ooh! I am the special one!" thing.) I believe now from my experience that a crowd or a mass does not have a mind. Why I believe so? Here is today's story!

The day started as usual; got up at 6:15. My mom brought me some cereals with hot milk. Now, my stupidity led me to eat that in my bed instead of the table right beside me. Well, what do you know; I got the scalding cereal-milk combination all over my crotch. (Ouch!) It left a mark. Then, I went to the washroom and washed it off. Acted like a man and decided to dress up. (Even though it hurt...pretty bad!) Now, time to face the exam.

I went to the exam centre. Everything went smooth, even the exam went pretty well. (I think!) The day did get better when I came back home, all happy and shiny. I got to eat a feast of different cuisines cooked by my mother. They don't call it "Dog Tihar" for nothing! So, I decided to go to a campaign about voters and voter awareness. That is where my troubles started.  First, most participants came late. Second, most were no show!

Now, when we finally decided to do the program, there was little crowd. The crowd gathered as we continued on. When one of my friends spoke, the crowd loved it. I had to follow the act. Surprising as it may sound, I have really no idea about voting. Because I believe the system is flawed, I don't have the idea of choosing the right candidate. So, I just went to the stage, blabbered on about how flawed the system is and surprise. The crowd loved it. A huge crowd gathered and they loved the speech. That's why I believe, the crowd does not have a mind!


No comments:

Post a Comment