Fear of the dark!


Sometimes I tend to venture towards the unknown.  It is literally dark at these places most of the times. Hence, I call it the fear of the dark when I am venturing to these places. I really do not know the repercussions of my actions in these places. I am wary of all these ventures but I tend to be inclined to these ventures nevertheless. That is why they call me the dark venturer (how I wish). It is kind of like Batman but without the money, the gadgets, the suits and that god awful voice. (Did you really understand anything when Christian Bale was speaking like that? I didn't!)

But getting back to the point, don't we all love to venture out to the dark? Don't we all like to do something crazy once in a while? Don't we all like to put ourselves in mortal danger? The answer surprisingly is "Yes". There are many called "dumb" people like me out there that who overpopulate the earth with these ideas. The ideas are more in number than the Bengal tigers. (Save the Tigers!) So, why is it that we want to do it? It is because we want a relapse from our mundane lives.

People go to unbelievable lengths to achieve this. Some go to the mall (like me), some go bungee jumping and some who can afford to go to outer space, go there. So there is no telling what people do when they are bored. I heard of a guy once, who tattooed all of his body just because he was bored. This outward jumping thought comes with a price though. The price is fear of all the new things. We may not know what could happen to us and we are afraid. That is why most of the times; the experiences are filled with hazy memories mixed with fear and excitement.

That is the main theme of the drama called life, for many people. Overcoming fear and enjoying things as we go along. Sure we are afraid when we start learning driving vehicles but as we become good at it, driving vehicles does not scare us. The same does not go with drugs and alcohol though. (Never do those things even when temptation is high.) Thus, feel the fear of the dark to overcome it.



No comments:

Post a Comment