Five reasons why Nepal does not need a Constituent Assembly right now! (Part-4)



So, I am going on with the topic of the week. Yes, I honestly believe that the constituent assembly should be held right now in this point of time for several reasons. I have already given three reasons and now it is time for the fourth one. He is my fourth reason for not conducting the constituent assembly in Nepal at this point of time.

4. Poverty among the people
Let us imagine this scenario. A man who has a hard time earning 100 rupees even working 12 hours a day is asked to donate probably an hour of his time in a day to vote for a candidate who will not visit his village or his area for the rest of the five years. if he misses that one hour of work, it means that he will not be able to feed his family sufficiently. This is the situation for more than 25.16% of people of Nepal. Imagine losing 40% of voters when they are too busy to vote because they need to feed their family.

My question to the supporters and the criticizers of this election is this: have you even thought about the economic condition of people when you talk about your agendas? Even me, I am not surprised that I despise this election because I have to give my time to something that does not provide me profit.

I see that most of the people have same emotions regarding the election. The disappointments from the past and the uncertainty of the future has diverted people's interest from democracy to capitalism. People only tend to think about society when they are satisfied. In a way this is good but it has also fostered corruption and that leads to even more poverty.

Thus, it is unwise to hold this election now form economic point of view.

(To be continued...)

No comments:

Post a Comment