Do the strikes... For development!


I came upon a very creative thought today. It was more of a justification of an action than a new idea. Regardless, my idea was creative because I know it. I think that these strikes should happen regularly in Nepal because strikes benefit Nepali citizens more than you can imagine. Only problem is that the government is failing to recognize the use of strikes.

Let me elaborate. For example there are more than 5 lakhs motorcycles in Kathmandu running in an average day. In a strike day the average is just about 3000. So, the roads are clear. Secondly, the road construction going on in Kathmandu is at a halt at times because of the traffic. So, what I am saying is the government should call strikes or promote strikes so that they can expand roads on empty streets.

There is no other way. No one dares to go out without an emergency in a strike. That means less protesters. If the problem regards protesters and party member then let me tell you this. When you have got bulldozers, cranes, tools in your hands with buffed up workers who get paid by the hour, do these protesters really have a chance messing with them? No one will dare to stop the construction.

Another thing, when the strike closes and the vehicles get moving then they will get world class roads. Same can go with the Tribhuwan International Airport  as well. I heard there is a crack on the runway pitch too. I hope the strikers(football reference) will do a strike to repair the airport runway. If this happens then I support the leader of that certain party who said that no one can steal the right of calling a strike from the Nepalese.

No comments:

Post a Comment