The guy who learned!


We have this very bad system in our country. We rarely acknowledge our mistake. Even when we do, other people ridicule for the mistakes we made. Being the bigger man is hard. Especially when you are tiny and you opponents are all huge wrestlers! But time and again we do admit our mistakes and that is the truest form of humanity I acknowledge.

But the point isn't about the person who is admitting the mistake but about the person who points it out. Here most do the criticism without the intention of betterment but with the intention of humiliation. I have done this at times and I am ashamed to say that I am that stupid idiot!

Did you expect me to be a saint? I bet you did! But no! I am not a saint and I am not so because I am a part of this society where there are similar people out there. I learned all of this from society same way I learned that criticizing to humiliate is bad for the person on both sides.

This could be one of those reason we do not have such morally educated politicians. They never admit mistakes because they are afraid to do so. I have even seen the TV channels and newspapers criticize politicians just for sake of humiliation at times. This is just the reflection of the bad part of our society.

The good part about mistakes is that Nepalese overcompensate for their mistakes and that is a good thing. For example, remember the incident about the newspapers criticizing themselves for false news? Wait, did that even happen? No it didn't!

So that means there is nothing good about our habits regarding mistakes! Hmm...

1 comment:

  1. They do. They think they are rising up after humiliating their opponents. But, what are we spreading? Hatred and conflict. And of course, not only newspapers but all media love to hide their mistakes. In a country like Japan, if anything goes wrong, the leader resigns. But, all this embedded psychology about mistakes is the reason why leaders don't want to leave their thrones.

    ReplyDelete