No more criminals in the Constituent Assembly!




There is a movement going in Nepal at the Election Commission at Jamal. The movement is to lobby to stop court approved criminals in the upcoming Constituent Assembly Election. For health reason I have not been able to be a part of the whole movement but let me tell you these people are gaining momentum. The movement is #byunjhaagraha. Most of my friends are there but the cursed health issue does not allow me to go there.

But here is the gist anyways. There are bad people in society who do bad things like corruption, killing, robbery. Most people believe that these people are under the  protection of the political parties as paid Gundas. Now  in this election, the parties are planning to nominate some of these people as their candidates in the election which is directly against the principles of society. So, the brave youths of Nepal are having a stand in front of the Election Office from 3-30 to 4-30 PM everyday. And I am still sad that I cannot go!

The first few days were hard but now lots of people are joining in and this gotten bigger. Even Rajnikant is for the movement (He is! Really he is! My friend Rajnikant Silwal believes in the movement!0 So, we have so much support (I am saying we because they have my moral support). But the commission does not listen to peaceful protests. They only listen to parties who do strikes and that is sad.

In these times when there is rampant hooliganism going on, I do not think Democracy should be our ideal goal. We have had more harm because of Democracy. I believe in my true heart that the core problem in people of Nepal is misunderstanding democracy. Until and unless we try understand the meaning of democracy and the values, I do not think we should follow it.

There are many learned gentleman like Rabindra Mishra who have the idea of democracy but does that 64 year old grandfather who fought for a certain party truly know meaning of democracy. No! He only knows that he gave his life for the party and deserves the ticket. Do we want to elect such people to make our constitution? No! First and foremost we have to make everyone understand what democracy is and then and only then can we achieve it.

Otherwise we will be in the same state for years. lack of awareness and education has already destroyed the country. If this goes any further more harm will be done!

PS Don't forget to join my friends at Jamal everyday from 3-30 to 4-30 for an hour for your country and society. And like this page too!
https://www.facebook.com/swadeshee

No comments:

Post a Comment